It’s the holiday season! That means updating your trading hours on your listing on Google My Business for Google Maps, your website, your business’s social channels, and your industry-specific directories. We’ll show you how to update your business hours on Google, and this is why it is so important to do so.
Have you ever arrived at a business you intended to purchase from, only to find them closed? This happened to me yesterday. I researched the gifts I wanted to purchase online and drove to the store, only to find it was closed and their GMB (Google My Business) was not updated with their ‘special hours’. Not a great customer experience!
So, take a few minutes out of your day to update your ‘special trading’ hours across the important directories and maps for your industry. It literally only takes a few minutes!
Unfortunately, Bing Places and Apple Maps do not have the capability to update your business hours for special holiday times, but we’ll show you other methods for communicating your business hours!
Communicate Your Trading Days
You will need to communicate with your stakeholders:
- What is happening during the holiday season
- What your working days in a year are
- What special hours you will be operating on
How to Update Google My Business:
- Change your hours on Google My Business by accessing your business’s GMB account.
- Click “Info” on the left-hand side.
- Click “Special Hours” and add the specific dates you will be closed. Ensure you have switched each date to “closed”.
- Click “Apply” on the bottom right corner of the box.
Please note: Edits may be reviewed for quality and can take up to 3 days to be published.
This will change your Google Maps opening hours.
Need a video guide?
Industry Specific Directories:
Depending on your business, you may have certain directories that have your operating days and hours. You may want to consider editing your business’s operating hours if you have created a listing in a directory. Some examples of directories are:
Extra Communication Strategies:
- Sending an e-Newsletter/email campaign to your subscribers and having this information displayed in it.
- Making a social media post with the opening hour update
- Updating your hours on your website
If you have any questions or would like any further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.